This cohort-based program allows you to learn side-by-side with colleagues from across the state to:
- Understand and begin to apply the current research and best practices for improving the performance of principals as instructional leaders
- Understand and be able to use tools and processes to work effectively with principals in one-on-one teaching and coaching relationships
- Develop the routines and structures of successful learning communities to support their work together
Who should attend?
- Central office teams made up of those who supervise principals to register for the MCOI.
- Superintendents who do not have a central office team and supervise principals.
- How to coach and provide feedback to principals to support improvement of instructional leadership practices
- How to use data to gather evidence of continual progress of student learning and teaching and leadership practices
- How to observe and provide strength-based support feedback to colleagues on problems of principal supervisor practice
Program details for the 2017-18 school year
The 2017-18 session will kick off in October 2017, with the dates and locations of the meetings determined as a group by program participants.
- 3 day-and-a-half sessions for all participants from across the state will be held at central locations.
- 3 one-day sessions with regional cohorts